What hot tub to buy if you have unlimited money?

Anastasiia

Personally, I like my Artesian Island series. But the reason there are so many different tubs is because you and I are not the same.

If strong massage is a priority, the Marquis Vector series is a strong contender, something like a V94 might be the right one. Any Hot Springs with the motomassage could also fit the bill.

Personally I was in the same shoes - after waiting a decade I wanted to get the most luxurious 3-seater spa in the industry.  Literally researched every option available and poured over specs and whatnot.

Ultimately I personally ended my search on the Hotspring Highlife spas which are built to compete with the top-tier Jacuzzi spas.  Hotspring's biggest claim to fame are the motomassager jets which are unlike any other jet in the industry.  I truly enjoy closing all other jets in the spa and sending full pressure to my lounger seat with the motomassger after a workout in the gym, although my wife finds it too powerful/painful when sending full pressure to a single seat.

When I rebuild my backyard I plan to trade in my Jetsetter for a larger 5-seater Hotspring Envoy which is the most therapeutic spa in the whole collection

Gif on Motomassager jets for attention

Hot_Spring_Moto_Massage.gif.dd6b2d0c939bfb0838a067be5b393f76.gif

Fair warning - these spas are fully spray foam insulated - they are extremely energy efficient.  But can be difficult to DIY repair.  So expect to pay your Hotspring dealer handsomely if/when the spa needs service - but know that these suckers are built to last 15-20+ years with proper care/maintenance and their warranty is excellent (part of the $$ you're paying is for the warranty so be sure to research dealer for any brand you buy).

If I didn't like/want a Hotspring, my next choice would likely be Sundance - built in the same factory as Jacuzzi spas, they share many components under the hood.  The Sundance Optima 880 was one of the most therapeutic spas in the whole industry with jets strong enough to nearly blast your a$$ out of the seat.

On 2/17/2023 at 11:18 AM, ratchett said:

Fair warning - these spas are fully spray foam insulated - they are extremely energy efficient.  But can be difficult to DIY repair.  So expect to pay your Hotspring dealer handsomely if/when the spa needs service - but know that these suckers are built to last 15-20+ years with proper care/maintenance and their warranty is excellent (part of the $$ you're paying is for the warranty so be sure to research dealer for any brand you buy).

This last Tuesday I threw out my 1995 Hot Springs Grandee.  It worked perfectly, but it was just... OLD.  Original Wavemaster 5000 pumps.  Circ pump probably was on my 6th.  I think my 4th heater, but it was 28 years old!  The shell had a few micro cracks in it that should have been repaired from the back, by removing the spray insulation, but I decided to just smother the heck out of the shell with some Devcon white epoxy and it held fine.  So I know they are built to last and were easy to work on for the pumps and heater swap.   I just got a Vita Spa and it is pretty nice, but I'm sure the Hot Springs stuff is better, but for $11K installed, this one is fine for us.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/5/2023 at 7:46 AM, martijndk1983 said:

I got last month the Empava SPA3550. It's a big and luxurious one, and it's for 6 people. It has a new massage system that mimics petrissage, effleurage, and tapotement massage methods. Tried all of these, and it's a real thing. 

bathtub.jpg

Great choice! I ordered the same one last week - waiting for delivery. Got mine from ibathtub. Honestly, the price was a little out of my budget, but we live only once, so I took it. Used the code OFF5 for a small discount that I found on DontPayFull. Might be useful in saving up some money.