Arctic spa continuously resets and displays 59 (degrees F) - is this a circuit board issue or thermometer issue?

bodaro

Hi all, I have an older 15 years old? Arctic spa 200 Gal hot tub. About a month ago it display HL (high temp limit) 2 or 3 times. That stopped but instead it displays 59 (thats the low set point for an arctic spa). That indicates the spa is resetting itself.

When it displays 59 I use the temp-up buttons and sets to 104. In fact once I press temp-up once it displays the true/correct temperature of the water. After that, the tub works correctly (heat is on and pumps work). But only for a while (it used to work for a day or two but now it will reset in an hour or less).

Once, as I was pressing thew temp up I saw the tub countdown the temp - back down to 59.

Could this be a bad thermometer which is confusing the circuit board? Or a faulty board?

Likely a bad temp sensor. Check the connection for the sensor at the circuit board (unplug it and plug it back in) and also the wire going from the board to the actual sensor to ensure there is no damage from critters chewing on it. Post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover so we can see what control system you have installed.

• 8 months later...

I have the exact same issue as described. Older Arctic spa was overheating and tripping ground fault. Replaced element then displayed a “prr” code. Now will heat up to set temperature but will not hold the temperature and drops to 59. How did you resolve issue?