Tropical Seas Spa - no control panel indications - in other words it’s blank

Bob T

Just bought a home with Tropical Seas spa, age unknown.  You will soon realize I’m spa ignorant.

I get no indications on the control panel, I mean it’s forever blank.  I can turn on both jets and the light.  It seem to cycle periodically .  The water is warm (just bought a thermometer). I found the YouTube instructions on going through the menus, and unlocking the controls, but since I see nothing I’m at a loss.  Short of paying someone $200 to come out and tell me it’s broke, any ideas?  I saw in one Q&A where someone had replaced their control panel, is this a smart DYI or do I need a pro?

Check the connection where the topside connects to the circuit board. Follow the wire from the circuit board to the topside and check for damage to the wire from critters. The replacement is not very difficult. Post pics of the topside, the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover. We may be able to find a generic topside that might be a bit cheaper than the factory unit.