Cover Recommendation.

Jay G

2 hours ago, Jay G said:

Illinois US, North of Chicago. 

Can't help you there. Here in Ontario I get a laugh at local online sellers saying "ours is the best" when in reality 95% of covers sold in Ontario all come from the same factory. Most brand name spas MFG in Ontario also come from that same factory.  Cover guy is just a middleman and I don't think they have any production facilities. They sell a lot of covers and are as good as any IMO. Due to the volume they like any will always have some poor reviews usually due to customer expectations being out of line with reality. Average lifespan is 3-5 years but some think they should last forever.  

On 1/27/2023 at 5:05 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Due to the volume they like any will always have some poor reviews usually due to customer expectations being out of line with reality. 

Oh I totally get that, some people will NEVER be happy.  It was the sudden sharp decline in reviews that is making me shy away from them. 

• 2 months later...

Before you purchase, do your research. I would NOT recommend The Cover Guy.  

Delayed deliver. We can live with that.

Cover installed in August.  Yahoo!  Nice cover, good price.

October water leaking into the foam so one side of the cover is water logged.  The cover is under warranty so we reach out.  Horrible customer service.  They don't respond. They ask for photos. Months later now black mold in the foam.  I send more photos.

I contact the BBB.  Now they send an email saying they will honor the warranty.  And nothing.  

Then they send a message through  BBB saying, "It looks like foam."  I try to attach the photo so you can see the black mold.

Buyer beware. You get what you pay for.

Any suggestions where I can get a new cover?

84FA556E-2D48-4AD8-8273-B3CBACC890B7.heic

Cover Warranties are a joke. The cost to ship a water logged or damaged cover back to Manufacturer is almost as much as the cost of another cover. I see guys offering 7 year warranties because they know they will never have to cover it. The warranty is with the manufacturer wherever they are located and not the 3rd party seller like Coverguy. In my area there are likely 20 or 30 cover sellers all claiming their cover is the best. When in reality they all get their covers from the same local wholesale manufacturer as do the actual local Spa Manufacturers. Want to be a Millionaire... start making covers.

• 3 weeks later...