Pentair 12volt LED pool Light with Smart Switch application

dgfla

greetings,

My pool light is wired to a standard light switch in my house and then out to the pool timer enclosure that has the 300va 120v/12v control transformer.

I replaced the in house light switch with a smart switch and setup the app. this was going to allow me to put the light on a timer and for a while it was all working as I hoped. 

But, I have noted that on occasion when the switch turns on the control transformer goes wild and start vibrating and making buzzing sounds.

It is now disconnected and I'm sure its probably an application issue for the smart switch.

just wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts on this or been down this road before.

suspect that the switch may have some volt drop on occasion while turning on and this causing a low volt condition to the transformer, unsure just a guess.

thanks in advance.