Pump not pumping with any kind of volume

DJLape

So I have an island spa with 2 pumps. This morning I noticed that Pump 1 was a bit louder and wasnt putting out much pressure.  Pump 1 is a two speed pump and pump 2 is single speed.  When I press the control for pump 1, the pump turns on, but puts out next to zero water pressure.  It isnt even detectable unless I close all of the jets. When I engage high speed, the pump puts out about the same pressure that it was putting out at low speed.  Pump 2 works normaly.  I immediatly thought airlock.  But when i bled it there was no air. Line voltage is good at 240 volts.  The pump runs louder, but seems to be running as well, just not pulling water through.  Im thinking broken impeller?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Disconnect the plumbing at the face of the pump and check for debris. Over the years I have pulled everything from rocks to G-strings to kids toys that have gotten past the filters and lodged into the face of the pump and blocking flow. Zorbies and scub bugs are most common.

• Like 1