Pump run continuously

Megawisdumb

I have a Balboa VS300 series PN 56070 and the damn filter cycle runs 24/7.  It is a single pump and manual states single pumps do not have continuous filtration AND the low speed will auto time out after 4 hours.  It is set to F1 which should be 1 hour.  I saw a post that stated changing the temp sensors would resolve this...any fact to this? 

VS.jpg

Post photos of the circuit board so we can see how it is set up. Is this a new install or had you have it running normally before this issue? If there was a sensor issue the display would tell you. Is the spa set up 110V or 240V? Are you on NA power grid or Europe?

The way the dip switches are currently set pump 1 has a 2 hour low speed auto timeout and a 15 min auto timeout in high speed. I would consider that high/long for the low speed and most spas I see will run a 15 min cycle then shut off. Is the spa running in low speed longer than 2 hours? If you decrease the temp 5+ degrees below the actual temp and wait 30 seconds does the pump shut off (when not in a filter cycle)?.. With power off.. in the little red box along the bottom of the circuit board put the A9 dip switch in the up position then power up again and it should auto timeout the low speed and also high speed after 15 mins. See if that changes anything. 

Turn off power and remove filter then restart. Run without filter and see if it runs or if the HH comes back. When you restart it watch the topside for the temp to display on the topside and see if it starts at a low temp and then climbs up to above 104 fairly quick. If it does it is likely time for a new sensor set. I always replace both. Yes it could be a sensor error but it could also be a flow issue. Lets try and eliminate a flow error first. Make sure water level is above filters. Make sure all jets are open and able to flow water. Make sure all gate valves are open and in the up position. If error still persists you might want to pull the heater tube and make sure there is no debris hung up on the sensors or heavy scale on the heating element/sensors. 

balboa-manualtroubleshootingandservice-reva-43-1024.thumb.jpg.8004bc94cf9c9ab1593bd29344cdefeb.jpg

Powered off with solid HH on display, waited 5 mins then powered back on.  Went through prime OK, low speed pump kicks in then set display to  St at 100 with current water temp at 71.  It ran for a few mins then shows water temp and Sn alternating.  I've never seen Sn code before.  Heat light is not coming on this time.  I ordered the sensors just in case.  When you denote risky changing full its more about controlling the flow all over everything than damage to heater correct?  I live in an area that has ALOT of lime.  I drain and vacuum my home water heater twice a year or it builds up to the bottom element and shorts it out.  I use a prefilter on the water in the spa to try and cull as much of this as possible.    

Watch the video and note the 2:00 min mark. He just pulls it out and water flows out in a pretty good stream. I usually get a finger/thumb over the opening a little quicker and have the new on ready to go in... Think Indiana Jones...lol. If you get the board wet use a heat gun on low or the wife's hairdryer to dry it out completely before powering back up. Good Luck. Let us know how you make out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GCjkm85Dd8&t=144s

On this Thanksgiving morning I am thankful for CanadianSpaTech as my spa is fixed for $25 thanks to his recommended process of things to check.  I replaced the left sensor without draining the spa and didn't even get wet as only a half cup of water came out before I could screw in the new one.  The old one looked brand new but obviously not as it powered up went to 100 and stayed overnight.  I put a trash bag over the board just in case it did spray any water but it did not.  CST if you send me your address I'll send you a proper Alabama thank you!  Roll Tide!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1