Leisure Bay spa got fried

Fandango559

I have an older Leisure Bay spa that was working perfectly until we got a major power surge that fried several of our electronics--basically everything that was on, or in some kind of standby mode at the time. The spa is not coming on at all now (no display reading, no sounds, etc.), though I've checked the power source. Any suggestions on what to check or replace first? The control box is model WH-S2-CCAJ and it's 110V. Thanks.

Do you have a multi meter and knowledge of how to use it? Power spikes can cause a lot of damage to the board/chip. Test for 110V coming into the circuit board. Next power off and test ALL fuses for continuity. If you have correct incoming voltage and all fuses test good but still nothing powering up then it is very likely the chip has been damaged and or wiped clean. Depending on the board you have you might try and start the spa in "Test" mode and see if that changes anything. Post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover so we can see what you have.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for your response, sorry it has taken me so long to answer. I'm attaching photos. I tested and there is power coming into the circuit board. I replaced the 30A fuse. There is an inline 20A that seems to be fine. But still nothing happening. So, I guess this means I'm stuck with replacing? The unit is old--21 years--so I can't complain. Should I replace the whole box, which is pretty pricey, or is there another option? Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated. 

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg