Jacuzzi j275 electrical

kid

My electrician wired my hot tub as per my request on the 60amp setup. The tub comes set for 50amp Apparently there is a modification that must be made to the switches on the circuit board for this configuration before applying 60amp power. There is nothing about this in the information i was provided to give to my electrician. If this is not performed before applying power can this damage the tub? We Didn't realize before turning on breaker and the tub doesn't come on. Nothing. No sound no light nothing. Only after examining back of panel on tub I saw the note about switching modification. After doing this and trying again still nothing.  Please any help would be greatly appreciated I just bought this thing. Very discouraged 

Post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover. Test all fuses. There should be no issue with having a 60amp GFCI with the circuit board set at 50amp. With it set for 60amp you will be able to run both pumps on high speed and still have the heater engage. With it set at 50 amp you would likely be able to run 1 pump on high speed and one on low and also the heater. If you put the second pump on high it will cut the heater.

What year is the spa?

The spa is new delivered Wednesday. All wired Thursday evening but not switched on because it was late and I hadn't filled it yet. Last night I filled it and switched on breaker and nothing. Electrician will return today to make sure nothing else was missed or improperly wired. I'm a licensed automotive technician of 15yrs and have gone over everything myself also and only thing I can see that was missed was the switching settings. I'm usually pretty self sufficient with these thing however 12k for a tub is a lot of cash to not be 100% so I hired an electrician... I also don't believe any damage has been done but if it has, just a circuit board woukd likely need replaced? I was supposed to be soaking my bones in it as I'm typing this. Thanks so much for your time! Spa is a j275 from jacuzzi

Looks like NA grid and it appears to be missing the neutral.

The circuit being wired for 60A only matters if the tub pulls more than 50A. It sounds like the heater can be set for a higher wattage if you have 60A available. 

The tub not turning on is the issue, it's possible the conversion to 60A is the cause, but if the neutral is missing, I suspect that's the issue. Where is the GFCI breaker? Main panel or disconnect?

As requested, we need to see the wiring diagram.

51 minutes ago, cranbiz said:

Looks like NA grid and it appears to be missing the neutral.

Older Sundance/jacuzzi does not use a neutral, they are 240v only. Unless that has changed on these new controls, there should not be a neutral.

51 minutes ago, cranbiz said:

sounds like the heater can be set for a higher wattage if

It will allow both pumps to run on high with the heater also running. If possible, this would be in the dipswitch settings. If it is a single pump spa it is not necessary.