Motors not turning on

Danzr1

I have a Hydropool 6 person hot tub, and one motor died, stoppped working, I could heart the bearings going, one day is stopped working. I had it rebuilt. When I put it back in it never worked. I checked all the fuses, and they seemed fine. Now the second motor won't turn on. It runs, and heats up the hot tub. I turn up the hot tub and circulates, but I can't turn on them on either of the speeds.  Any ideas? Balboa evolution model hprevp2u

On 10/25/2022 at 2:52 PM, Danzr1 said:

When I put it back in it never worked. I checked all the fuses, and they seemed fine. Now the second motor won't turn on. It runs, and heats up the hot tub. I turn up the hot tub and circulates, but I can't turn on them on either of the speeds.

So, it's a 2 pump system, or you rebuilt then later replaced the single pump, and neither works?

And it runs for heat and filter cycles but the buttons don't work? If it runs automated cycles I'd check the topside. Those buttons go bad, mice chew wires, connections corrode, etc.

Just to be sure I understood correctly...

You have a 2 pump spa, with a jet1 button and a jet2 button on the control. One pump, I'm guessing the single speed jet2 pump, stopped working. You had it rebuilt and it still doesn't work. Then, 2 months later, the 2 speed jet1 pump stopped turning on with the buttons but still runs to heat/filter. Is that right?

If so, the pump 2 issue could be a bad rebuild, or it needed more than a rebuild, or it was not the pump to begin with but a relay or button on the topside.

The pump 1 issue must be a button or relay, as it still runs automated functions. Usually this is the topside.

Both of these issues at the same time suggests topside.

Yes you have that correct. 

I had the motor rebuilt at a reputable place. Also the bearings were going as it was loud, it was also leaking water when I took it out. 

Next day I have time. I will pull the boards and test the relays. I think this is the most likely scenario. It could be the panel, but all the other buttons work fine, just the 2 jet buttons not doing anything. 

My wife did say the new motor ran once...but I have yet to see it work. 

I fixed it. I removed the panel, all the goo, removed the circuit board. The 2 buttons are those metal circtuit board type buttons, but the have one surface mount solder point that had fallen off. I did my best to solder them back on, not much on the circuit board to solder to. it now works, but not sure if that will last. That soft goo-ey silicone was everywhere, even under the buttons, not sure how all that works, first time seeing that stuff saturated everywhere. 

• Like 1