Hot Spring Prodigy H no air to jets *partly solved*

RoosterFXP

Is there a plumbing diagram available for an older Hot Spring Prodigy? Model H

Its not sucking air into the jets. A couple near the back do but its not powerful and inconsistent. I fixed a few lifting panels on the back side using some expanding foam and adhesive. I'm afraid I may have sealed something off. I don't think so though because I only filled a couple voids near the bottom. It worked fine when I used it last in March.

In order to start trouble shooting this I need to know where it pulls its air from. Searched all over and cannot find anything helpful.

Anyone have thoughts/experience with this? Or a plumbing diagram?

• RoosterFXP changed the title to Hot Spring Prodigy H not sucking air to jets

You probably won't find a diagram, but if anyone can it's @castletonia.

If the change coincides with the foam repair then you blocked off the air intake, which can be a hose going to the bottom of the tub cabinet.

Otherwise, it could be another obstruction in the air intake, a stuck or broken air control valve, or scale in the jets (though that is usually gradual).

Also decreased water flow from clogged filters, pump obstruction/damage, broken/ misaligned diverter valve, faulty check valve, etc. Though you would likely notice the decreased pressure at the jets in this case.

RDspaguy appreciate the input. I maintain this spa very well but it is getting old. I'm familiar with all of it except for what's being the siding. I'm almost positive the little bit of foam I added didn't block anything... I gave it a good inspection and only filled a couple small voids that didn't penetrate very deep... was more to support the siding.

I'm thinking there is water in the air line? My jets each draw air on their own by turning the outer ring. There is no master air valve. The only two air levers are for jets that do not have outer rings (the fire hose low in the back side and a seat with bunch of little holes.

Thinking if there are check valves at each jet then maybe one let water backflow into the airline and there is not enough venturi vacuum to pull the water through? This is my guess with information I have. Considering trying to access an airline and sucking/draining it out.

I would sure like to find a photo of one of these spas/jets with the foam removed. I glues my 

Well good news kinda... I removed the Comfort Select cartridge and I have massive air now!

However, if I cover it with my hand it will suck it like a vacuum and bubbles stop.

So... did my foam work creep into something and block it? It's the only logical conclusion I have at the moment.

You can see my foam work was minimal at at the bottom... UGH Guess I will need to tear back into it. In a full foam spa I'm curious where it even has opportunity to pull air from. 

997551116_IMG_3442(Medium).thumb.jpg.5ce17abebe97c30ad12adeef4848b7bf.jpg

380176326_IMG_3443(Medium).thumb.jpg.b6b4b4a63fe28d7a35f8f9b33172bb8b.jpg

• RoosterFXP changed the title to Hot Spring Prodigy H no air to jets *partly solved*
On 10/25/2022 at 9:08 AM, RoosterFXP said:

My jets each draw air on their own by turning the outer ring.

In 26 years in this business I have never seen or heard of such a jet. Turning the jet reduces water flow, which will reduce and stop air flow through the venturi, but does not close the venturi.

Thinking if there are check valves at each jet then maybe one let water backflow into the airline and there is not enough venturi vacuum to pull the water through?

No. No check valve there. Blocked/deteriorated jets can cause a pressurized air line, but this usually causes leaks back through the air intake. 

Considering trying to access an airline and sucking/draining it out.

Waste of time.

On 10/25/2022 at 5:36 PM, RoosterFXP said:

I removed the Comfort Select cartridge and I have massive air now!

You removed the cap and let air in.

On 10/25/2022 at 5:36 PM, RoosterFXP said:

did my foam work creep into something and block it?

On 10/25/2022 at 12:07 AM, RDspaguy said:

If the change coincides with the foam repair then you blocked off the air intake, which can be a hose going to the bottom of the tub cabinet.

Location varies with year and model, but it's a hose that comes out under the edge of the cabinet in front of the kickboard, often in a corner. Stop grasping at straws and get the foam out of the intake.

On 10/25/2022 at 12:07 AM, RDspaguy said:

You probably won't find a diagram, but if anyone can it's @castletonia.

Otherwise, it could be another obstruction in the air intake, a stuck or broken air control valve, or scale in the jets (though that is usually gradual).

Also decreased water flow from clogged filters, pump obstruction/damage, broken/ misaligned diverter valve, faulty check valve, etc. Though you would likely notice the decreased pressure at the jets in this case.

Unfortunately I'm no longer a Hot Spring / Caldera dealer so I don't have access to any plumbing diagrams anymore.  If you call Hot Spring their customer service will probably provide it to you.

• Sad 1