Identify... is it White Mold...Or??

Hey guys, Will be decontaminating a swim spa in the coming days. Clipped attached photos from another post but it is the same stuff I am going to be dealing with. 

Anyone have any idea what it is?

The customer bought the swim spa about 4 mths ago but did not get any information from retailer on how to maintain it and this is the result. 

My plan is for a healthy course of Ahh-Some then drain and blow out the lines and clean surfaces. Have a feeling it might take a couple of rounds. Part of THEIR problem is they truck in water so it could get costly for them to get things safe again.

Any Thoughts? Ahhsomeguy will your product work in this situation to release and remove this stuff from the plumbing?

@Ahhsomeguy @waterbear @RDspaguy

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Is that linguini or tapeworms? WTF man? You trying to give us nightmares? I remember this vaguely, though I tried to forget.

Before ahhsome, drop ph to 6 for 30 minutes then liquid chlorine to 60 ppm or so and keep there, jets on high, for a day or 17,  then dump. Shock it like you're going to use it yourself after you fill. I think a round or 3 of ahhsome before draining is a fantastic idea. 

• Like 1

Hello CST:  Sure is nasty stuff.  Was this material floating in the water?  Was it within the filter cartridges?  Honestly, I can assure you that this swim spa was definitely not being treated with adequate sanitizer levels, if at all.  If I had to guess I would I would bet that this may be the result of some type of plant or droppings from vegetation into the water.  If the vessel was treated only with an enzyme and/or a mineral cartridge, this could also be the issue.  So, what do you do now?  You, being in the business certainly understand what is needed.  Heavy sanitizer required.  I agree with RD Spa Guy.  Lower the pH for at least a day. Remove filters.  Hose them off.  Place them back in the swim spa providing they are not the disposable Arctic type or Watkins Hot Spring ceramic type, and add the Ahh-Some purge.  Wipe away gunk as you see it accumulate.  Purge for at least 2 hours, then, using the same water, add another 1/2 dose of Ahh-Some, purge for 1 hour.  If the second purge produced a good amount, add another 1/2 dose and purge for additional 30 minutes.  Keep the chlorine residual at a minimum of 5-10 ppm during the purge.  Remove filters, hose them off to drip dry.  Drain the tub,  rinse and wipe as necessary.  Refill and sit down with the customer and explain how to maintain water chemistry.  I strongly recommend that they begin using our Aqua Clarity on a weekly basis.  Based on what I see coming out of this spa, they need a very effective back-up quarterback.  Hopefully, they use chlorine as their sanitizer. Salt is also excellent.  Please keep me posted as to how the clean-out goes.  

• Like 2

THX, I will take pics as I go and document my process. The spa is made by Canadian Spa Company and pretty sure they are made in China. I am thinking that it was from something in their testing water and then it sits for not only the long voyage over but then it sits in a warehouse for who knows how long prior to delivery. They were using chlorine (they say) and the water is surprisingly clear but will be going over the process with them when done with this nightmare.

THX for the input @Ahhsomeguy @RDspaguy

Still would like to know what it is.

• Like 1

We have dealt with Canadian Spa Company over the years and they make a very good product.  I haven't seen this in any other Canadian Spa hot tubs or swim spas.  We deal with many Canadian hot tub owners who are using a popular enzyme brand up there in a variety of brands who have issues.  Keep your customers on a good sanitizer with periodic cyanuric acid, pH and TA testing and you will be rewarded with very happy people.

please keep us informed.  Thank You Sir.