Drain Valve Warped

Alber36

Hi there,

the drain valve on my hot tub is a bit warped, probably from force. I once ordered a replacement valve by my hot tub specs, but turns out it did not fit my hot tub.

any idea how to make sure I can order a replacement that matches my spa? I’ve attached a photo.

thanks I’m advance!

alberto

90B92D09-E965-43F1-A52F-7C04754A30D4.jpeg

9EEDA38B-E39E-4600-B5CD-29BA075285F6.jpeg

I usually tell my customers not to use the drain for just this reason. I will normally cap/plug the line if it breaks and tell people to buy a "Quick Drain". They work great for draining the spa but can also be used as a vacuum. No need for dragging out a heavy pump and extension cords. Shop around for best price:  https://www.amazon.ca/Backyard-Innovations-Quick-Spa-Drain/dp/B002NHFMOW

You would need to verify the size of the plumbing that is inside the spa connected to the drain valve. You will likely have to drain the spa. Disconnect the old valve from the plumbing and attach the new one. I would use a gear clamp to tighten the 3/4 line to the barb fitting.

https://www.poolandhottubdepot.com/black-drain-valve-3-4-barb/