Caldera spa no power!!

skitty4gzus

I have a 2014 caldera Niagara. Apparently sometime in the last week it stopped working. There’s 240 volts going to the spa but the topside control is dead. I opened the side panel and inside the board there are 2 small red led blinking. One says spa power and the other one isn’t labeled. They’re both blinking rapidly and do so as soon as you turn the spa on. It never turns on the control panel or pumps. Water is cold and has been off for a bit. Any help would be appreciated, thank you 

Well...the other one is labeled, and may be "Controller Unplugged", or "Limit OK".

Either one sucks.

It may be a popped board.

Can you post a pic so we can see what is flashing?

We may have a solution, or bad news.

That board is fed from 2 breakers, are both on and sending proper voltage to the spa?

I see no obvious signs of damage, so still suspect the transformer board. The fact that power is flashing and no topside or pumps says power issue to me, so likely breaker or board. 

Check all wiring for damage/ loose connections. Check fuse on lower right of main board. Verify proper wiring.

Testing to ground is not sufficient on a 240v circuit, as you can read 120v to ground with one leg off, depending on component wiring. Have to test hot to hot, then hot to neutral if it has one (only one circuit does). Gfci breakers can lose a leg or neutral, which is what you're hoping for. Otherwise I'm betting circuit board, most likely the unavailable-by-itself "daughter board", which is the transformer/ power supply for the low voltage controls. An electronics/computer repair shop may be able to test it to confirm, and might even be able to fix it. Never tried with one of these myself, so can't give you any advice on it. 

There are actually 3 boards, but 2 are soldered together and only available as a unit, called the main board. It is this one I suspect. The relay board can be tested, but is probably not the issue. Check voltage on the main power wires connecting the relay board to the main board (black-red, black-white, red-white) at the main board connections.

• Like 1