2004 Sundance Altamar, found the leak! Advice needed

valvashon

So I pulled the insulation away from the leak area on my Altamar and found the leak.  I only ever saw one drop of water form where the arrow is but that has to be the location.  The hot tub isn't on fire, that's how the sun looks coming through the shell!

hottubleak.thumb.jpg.0899d717317d31ab5719e2b021629f69.jpg

It leaks faster when the water is hot and swirling around.  Obviously the gasket between the "inside" portion of the jet holder (or maybe it's just one piece) has gone bad.  How do these go in the hole and is replacing them even possible?  Are they available?  Would I need a whole jet holder or just the gasket?

I was thinking of just running a bead of clear RTV silicone around the gap between the jet holder and the spa body, on top of the leaky gasket (where the arrow is pointing) and calling it good.  If I did a careful enough job you'd hardly see it.

hottubgap.thumb.jpg.984ac2541bee152d14067e91d445be3f.jpg

Would that seal it or am I making more of a mess for later when the jet holder actually has to come out?

I'd probably just let this leak go and put a drip pan under it as it's very slow, except for the fact that it's right above the motor.

Thanks for any advice.

Val