Control Board Wiring

Hi Reddit,

Photos of wiring

I need to replace the controller board on an old spa that I have. The previous one burned out (well partially). I suspect it was due to corroded insulation on the wiring, which resulted in an arc and subsequent over-heating. So my plan is to replace as much of the wiring as I can (its an old spa, and this will be the last repair on it before it goes to spa heaven).

Problem is that I cant get wiring with exactly the same specifications printed on it. In the pictures the black wiring is the original, and the red is the replacement. I believe I got the correct gauge of wire, and its rated for the same voltage. Problem is that the original was rated for 105C temperature, and the replacement for 90C. Is this a problem?

I also provided some pictures of the connectors I plan on using. Are these the right kind?

Thank you for your help!

90C rated wire DOES NOT have the same ampacity rating as 105C wire and DOES NOT dissipate heat nearly as efficiently. See the below chart.  Capture.PNG.608963d252b8d0c8b44de477178b7e23.PNG

105C wire is rated to handle 45% more ampacity and you could have a major fire hazard if your circuit is running near or above 40 amps.  105C wire is often used in circuits under 600V to enable a smaller gauge wire be used (i.e. 10 AWG in place of 8 AWG).  If those wires are carrying a significant load (near or above 40 amps) you could end up with a bonfire real quick.  I would either look online for a vendor carrying 105C rated wire, or see if you have the space and terminal sizing to handle 8 AWG 90C wire (much more readily available).  8AWG 90C will get you significantly closer to the ampacity rating of the 10 AWG 105C wire (only 5.4% difference in ampacity).  Capture2.thumb.PNG.0b971633267afeddcf5b41c23549ef31.PNG

It's a moot point if the wire isn't carrying that type of current draw, but it's generally never a good idea to downsize wire ampacity ratings within a circuit.