Best way to replace insulation?

6010fd12

Just replaced all the jets on my 2013 jetsetter and now I want to replace the insulation that I had to rip off. I still have the old foam but most of it is in smaller pieces so it would be a little difficult to reuse. I want to avoid using spray on foam (except for the bottom of the tub that I took a chunk out of) just in case if I ever have to go in again to make a repair.

Would using fiberglass insulation be a good alternative to stuff in there? Any ideas?

60YdIF2.jpg

BlxlyDT.jpg

UhZE0ZQ.jpg

• 4 months later...

I completely forgot about this post but I guess now is as good of a time as any to reply in case someone else wants to do this. I actually ended up stuffing it with the cheapest stone rockwool insulation that I could find at menards. Specifically this one. Out of the 7 or so pads that were in the package I ended up using around 5 and a half to fill both sides of the tub. I also ripped out all the rotted out wood and glued new parts of the frame in it's place. Hope that helps someone.

20220819_212959.jpg

20220820_133104.jpg

20220820_151403.jpg

20220820_151339.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1