Fantasy Spa Splendor will not turn on

SamB0311

I received a Fanstasy Spa free from family. They no longer used it and were running it without issue up until I picked it up.

I filled it today and plugged in the built in 110 GFI plug into my GFI outlet. The manual says to press the JET button to turn it on. No response. I checked all of the GFIs and all was well.  I'm getting 110 at the board. The 30 amp fuse is not reading any voltage. I'm not sure if it should be.

All 3 fuses tested fine. I'm leaning towards the topside being the culprit, but have zero experience with spas.

The board is a Balboa 300FREE and the only label I can find on topside reads "Balboa E4 L D CE 8C NO O"

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hopefully, I'm just not seeing some sort of reset.

When you plug in the tub, does anything happen?  Do you hear anything clicking on?  Are there any led lights on the board?   How old is the tub?

The guys around here like to see a photo of the wiring diagram and photos of the control board/wiring - they can usually spot something if it looks suspicious.

Nothing happens at all.  I must correct part of my statement from yesterday.  I have 110 across the large 30 amp fuse but not across the smaller fuses. 

I did find a 4th fuse that is only 300 MA and appears blown. It's the F4 fuse which apparently protects the transformer. Going to attempt to locate one now. Maybe not an easy task on a Sunday around here.

I do not see any LEDs.

The Spa appears to be a 2013 model. My mother own it since new in 2015 or so and it ran fine until the day before I picked it up when she drained it.

1 hour ago, SamB0311 said:

Nothing happens at all.  I must correct part of my statement from yesterday.  I have 110 across the large 30 amp fuse but not across the smaller fuses. 

I did find a 4th fuse that is only 300 MA and appears blown. It's the F4 fuse which apparently protects the transformer. Going to attempt to locate one now. Maybe not an easy task on a Sunday around here.

I do not see any LEDs.

The Spa appears to be a 2013 model. My mother own it since new in 2015 or so and it ran fine until the day before I picked it up when she drained it.

Take your multimeter set to VAC and look for stable line voltage where the cord plugs into the vertical terminal block on the spa. You need to see 115-120 across white and black. If you do not have that, replace the cord and begin again.

The problem lies where the power dies.