main breaker tripping not GFCI - HELP!

SugarMag

2 hours ago, SugarMag said:

Hey there,

Need your help please. My 2010 D1 Amore Bay is tripping my main breaker in the house not the GFCI. Any idea how to solve this/root cause?

Many thanks!

Not a brand I’m familiar with but in general you can unplug all components, plug one back in at a time and energize the spa breaker. Once it trips, the last thing you plugged in would be a great component to investigate further. 

NOTE: kill the power between each component you plug in to be safest.

-IE power down, plug one component in and power up. If the breaker holds, power down and repeat until it trips. Running each component such as the pump(s), heater may also be necessary.

Do you have a multimeter for troubleshooting?

Hi all.

Thank you so much. So before I read these replies, I was in the tub after resetting the main breaker...thought it was an anomaly. Life was good but then we turned on all of the jets while heating. Then the GFCI tripped (not main breaker this time). Not sure if this new info changes any advice above. I will try the tips above. Many thanks!!!!

If both the main breaker and the gfci is tripping randomly, there is definitely an intermittent short or loose connection somewhere as the previous posters recommended to check.   The breakers are safety devices to prevent an over-current situation that could cause an electrical fire, and in the case of the GFCI, prevent electrocution.   I believe it is potentially dangerous to use the tub while it is in this state.

Not sure about the high limit error, could be related or a completely different issue.  I would first resolve the breaker trips and troubleshoot the limit error after that.

• Like 1