1995 tiger river manora not heating

cmarr6

The last bit of aid I will offer is the 800 number for the manufacturer. The technical support department may offer to help you over the phone but don’t be surprised if they decline. They may be able to give you contact information for a certified local repair person but it sounds like you already looked. 

If this spa has been tinkered on and even one wire was put back in the wrong place, my guidance would likely not help you. It’s an old hot tub. A professional needs to troubleshoot it, ideally with the electrical schematic at hand.

1-800-999-4688

Don't see those much anymore, and there's not alot you can do with them as the electronics are no longer made. There should be one or 2 red reset buttons (hi limit) somewhere on the pack, make sure these are pushed in. There may also be a black rubber button on the heater box. 

The relays can fail, or the controls can fail to turn them on. You need to determine which is happening by testing voltages in and out of each relay, and to the coil. If you don't know what that means or how to do it, you should call someone. Though, honestly, unless they're an old fart like me they probably won't know what to do with it anyway. That thing is older than dirt. Last one I had I wired up a non-digital control setup for it from scratch. Not something I could or would walk you through online. Haven't found a good replacement pack for those either, most don't fit and there's no place to put the new controller. 

You do get the oldest spa of the month award, however. Congratulations! 😉

There is no reset buttons. The heater says it is automatic reset high limit. I did test the relays and determined that there is no voltage coming out of relay #5 that powers relay #4 when the jets are turned off.  There is voltage going into relay #5. That is the way I think it works, not sure. That is the question I wanted answered. Is that the way it is supposed to work. I did find a relay and have it ordered. Will replace Relay #5 when it arrives and then retest to see if #4 is getting voltage to power the heater. Did a ohm test on the heater and is shows 11 ohms so I think the heater is good. Replaced it a couple of years ago so it should be fine as long as something didn't fry it. The only problem I can tell with my limited knowledge of the operations of this thing is that voltage is not getting to the heater relay when it is supposed to. Don't see any other reset buttons except on the plug. Made sure that is functioning and, as I said, I am getting 120 volts going into relay #5. Just not coming out and getting to relay #4 where the heater plug in coming from.

Thank you mike223, i appreciate any help you have given. Didn't mean to concern you, but I don't intend on doing anything that is not exactly as original, if possible. I did find a replacement relay and will return it to original factory specs and retest the heater circuit. If i ever did, I can assure you it would be with the help of a licensed electrician. I very much prefer to replace any original part and keep it operating as intended. Thanks

Got the relay and installed it with no change. Still does the same thing. I Found a potential other problem though. I saw what looks like mice chewing on the data cable. or whatever its called coming from the control board into the box. Can't tell for sure, it awfully small and my eyesight isn't that great anymore,  but it appears that a couple of the wires have been severed. Have ordered a new cable and will try that when it arrives.