Older Sovereign, with an IQ2000 board, how to jump or bypass a No Fault 6k heater with the pressure switch...?

d.r.

Hi...

Shot in the dark, but i have a 1997 Hot Springs Sovereign, mostly on it's last legs, but just trying to limp along until we get our new one.  Last PDR No Fault Heater went bad (that one didn't have the built in pressure switch), so replaced it with a used version I could find locally.  But the used 6K version I got has the internal pressure switch bypass (ending in a three pin Molex female connector).  I have an old IQ2000 control board, that as fas as I know only has the AMP connectors for the Hi limit and Temp Sensor from the Themistors.  Am I missing a connection for the pressure switch on the IQ2000 boards (it appears there is one connection on the IQ2020 boards, but NOT on the IQ2000?)?  Alternately, can I DIY jump the pressure switch to 'turn it on' (with the Themistors being the back up for safety off), and if so how do i do that?

Any help would be great...as I just don't want to spend $400+ for what is a short term fix.

THANKS! 

Edited by d.r.
correcting typos

Hi.  Thanks for the response.

I have uploaded the shot of my control board....we never upgraded to the IQ2020, so I don't think the older IQ2000 has a slot for the pressure sensor, hence my question about the internal pressure switch on the No Fault 6k Heater.

Any help on what to do next would be great!?

Thanks again.

1983291082_HotSpringsIQ2000controlboardimage.jpg

There is no place to put that wire coming out of the heater on your old control box.  Simply connect your thermistors, the power and ground wires for the heater, and it'll function fine if you have good circulation.

Separately it looks like one of your hot wires in position #1 got hot at some point.  Make sure that's tight.  Loose connections can start fires.

1 hour ago, d.r. said:

Hi.  Thanks for the response.

I have uploaded the shot of my control board....we never upgraded to the IQ2020, so I don't think the older IQ2000 has a slot for the pressure sensor, hence my question about the internal pressure switch on the No Fault 6k Heater.

Any help on what to do next would be great!?

Thanks again.

1983291082_HotSpringsIQ2000controlboardimage.jpg

Essentially the heater you purchased is overkill and has a built in pressure switch your spa can't monitor due to its age.  This is not a problem, it's just a more expensive heater than you needed.  A PDR version of this heater is exactly identical minus the internal pressure switch.  Been at this for 14 years.