Balboa GS510DZ burns fuse

Ape

Hello guys!

I bought a used Balboa spa pool. Previous owner said that the fixing price would be very expensive but I wanted to take the challenge. Obviously there was something wrong because nothing happened when I powered on the system.

I opened the case and motherboard was broken. The was clear mark where the folio had burned (attatched picture). I fixed the burned folio by tinning it and everything looked good, after I tinned the board I wanted to make sure everything is right, local electronics repairman checked the system and said that everything is fine on motherboard. He couldnt test board with 3-phase but tested all phases without problems. I noticed that the motherboard had problems because previous owner tried to attatch 3 phase power and didnt disconnect all the wires correct. 

Now I tried to attach motherboard to pool and I connected all the systems on their right places. My house burns fuse when I plug power on to the board. What should I check next?

Sorry for long story but hope you can help me.

Ape from Finland

after fixing.png

Balboa1.png

before fixing.png

wrong attatched wire.png

On 7/29/2022 at 6:06 PM, Ape said:

Hello guys!

I bought a used Balboa spa pool. Previous owner said that the fixing price would be very expensive but I wanted to take the challenge. Obviously there was something wrong because nothing happened when I powered on the system.

I opened the case and motherboard was broken. The was clear mark where the folio had burned (attatched picture). I fixed the burned folio by tinning it and everything looked good, after I tinned the board I wanted to make sure everything is right, local electronics repairman checked the system and said that everything is fine on motherboard. He couldnt test board with 3-phase but tested all phases without problems. I noticed that the motherboard had problems because previous owner tried to attatch 3 phase power and didnt disconnect all the wires correct. 

Now I tried to attach motherboard to pool and I connected all the systems on their right places. My house burns fuse when I plug power on to the board. What should I check next?

Sorry for long story but hope you can help me.

Ape from Finland

after fixing.png

Balboa1.png

before fixing.png

wrong attatched wire.png

Hi, 

so to confirm you are connecting back up with 3 phase? 

sounds like you have a neutral and phase transposed