Hot Spring Flair Pump 1 turning off

Just received our Hot Spring Flair on Friday, wired it up that evening and began the whole setup. Unfortunately pump 1 will turn on for about an hour, then turns off (it still shows low and/or high depending on which setting it was on). If you try to turn it on again, you can hear the 'click' from the board, but that's it. It doesn't turn on. If we wait like 1-2 hours, it suddenly works again for another hour, then again does the same thing.

We are waiting on the company we bought from to come out this week, but in the mean time we were looking into it more. They claimed it is likely wired wrong, but 3 of us have gone over the wiring multiple times and it is fine. Pump 2 works fine and will continue to run as long as you let it, and the heater kicks on just fine (though right now it is 4 degrees over what we have it set to, but I think that may be due to the fact it's almost 100 here..). So, any thoughts on what it could possibly be? It's almost like it's getting too hot (hot tub is set to 100, but is 104-105) and then cuts out and has to 'cool down' the pump to turn on, or maybe some other sensor is bad. Or maybe they are right and we wired something wrong.

Electricians make wiring mistakes all too frequently.  What I see often are accidentally placing the spas neutral wire on a hot leg of a breaker, and putting what should be that hot wire in the load neutral's spot - essentially reversing what they should be doing.  The spa only gets 110 volts where it wants 220 when this happens.  Also the jet pumps will usually quickly overheat and in general run very weakly.

I wager the company you bought it from has already been out to take a look and possibly get you squared away.  I wonder what they found.

Wiring was all right - three of us checked it multiple times and it was correct. Service guy came out, pump 1 is overheating. He said that even at 15 minutes in it was so hot that he couldn't touched it. So now we are waiting on a replacement pump for our brand new hot tub... Pump 2 has zero issues and can run for awhile. He took a look at the wiring too and confirmed it wasn't it. 

1 hour ago, Mike223 said:

In this spa pump 1 is your two speed pump, correct? I have seen two speed pumps suffer a slightly higher failure rate than the single speed varieties. Pump 2 is normally the single speed on the Limelight collection which is what your Flair is.

Yep that's right. Sucks it was dead out of the box basically.