Leak in Beachcomber Hot tub

JeffM

I have been trying to find my leak for almost a year. The hot tub is installed in my deck. Was dropping about 2 inches a week to start. No visible leak. I called my local dealer and they told me only way to find was let it drain and see where it stopped. I did this and it stopped just into the footwell. There suggestion was redo seals. They were busy so took a while they made it out in early spring and did jet seals.  I refilled and leak slowed but there was still a leak. Tech advised me I could pay to have tub removed from deck and they could remove all insulation and see if it was an internal leak. Or could fill tub and leave power off. They would turn it into a big bath tub. If leak continued then it was not internal and had to be a seal. It still leaked after refill and power off. I let it drain and it stopped just below footwell ( see pic) when in called dwarf they informed me tech had quit and they had none. There thoughts were that it was one of the jets in the foot well that don’t screw out and tun would have to be taken from deck. I don’t have any faith in their option. Anyone have an idea where tub could be leaking from?

F32122C5-D90D-45C3-8186-1AB346224F71.jpeg

611BF27B-1A9A-4EB1-AA42-128BD34C6E42.png

5F12B0AF-9BD6-4901-928A-948799AF0304.png

AC919E2F-C55C-4EB7-A837-A54E2889ED0A.png

• 2 months later...

@JeffM How fun was that...lol 

Finding a leak can be difficult under normal circumstances. Finding a leak in a spa sunk into a deck increases the level of difficulty. Finding a leak in a Beachcomber sunk into a deck makes it a 9/10 and way beyond most DIY fixers capabilities. Kudos to you.

What did you do for reinsulating if anything?

• Like 1