2021 Hot Springs Triumph - Small Water Jet in Filter Compartment

RogerV

As seen in the attached video, there is this water stream coming out of the side of my filter compartment. There is a hole located there but the owners manual nor the dealer can tell me what it is for. It runs constantly regardless of the water level in the spa. Can anyone shed some light on what this small jet is for?

Thank you!

My 2019 Jetsetter also has it - your water line is too low and should be covering this hole.

This is part of the circulation system  - it keeps water moving around the filter compartment 24/7 even when the tub isn't in-use.   This ensures the filters and water in that compartment don't go stale from sitting too long.

Like I said, water line too low - it should be covering all jets in the tub including the neck jets

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a bleed line. Bleeds the circulation pump when filling and also used to indicate flow for diagnostics too. Good when we get calls re low flow first thing we ask is there pressure at that little jet … if low or none remove filters does it improve … if yea. Clean filters. 

nothing to do with moving the water in the filter box, it moves regardless through the filter. 

I am amazed the dealer didn’t know this… that’s shocking. Clearing doesn’t know the product well. 

4 hours ago, Spa Shop Rotorua said:

It’s a bleed line. Bleeds the circulation pump when filling and also used to indicate flow for diagnostics too. Good when we get calls re low flow first thing we ask is there pressure at that little jet … if low or none remove filters does it improve … if yea. Clean filters. 

nothing to do with moving the water in the filter box, it moves regardless through the filter. 

I am amazed the dealer didn’t know this… that’s shocking. Clearing doesn’t know the product well. 

Seconded. I find it alarming that a dealer did not know what this is for. In addition to purging air it can be used as a diagnostic aid over the phone w/ the customer to determine if you have circulation or not when doing basic troubleshooting.