What is this called..pool plumbing leaking and part?

I just had the motor replaced in the pool pump motor through a home warranty contractor. I paid for a new motor because AHS will only pay for a “used” motor..which I replace last year.
The first time they came, they said the motor they tried to install shorted out..which also tripped all my electrical in the back yard and of course they didn’t reset it and my sprinklers were out for days (not to get off track:)
Yesterday, they replaced the motor but did not open the valve for my Polaris pool cleaner. When I opened the valve, water started squirting out from below the PSI meter. This was not happening before they replaced the motor but I can’t imagine replacing the motor would cause this leak..or would it?

The leak is coming from actual cracks in the plastic at the bottom of the PSI meter not because the bottom part cup is not screwed on properly. 

My question, what is the name of the clear cup part below the PSI meter and what is it used for?  I cannot find a picture of this anywhere or in any pool plumbing diagrams. Not sure how old the pool equipment is must at least over 10 years old..so maybe it is not used any more? What is it used for?  

I particularly want to know to see if this would be covered my my home warranty because although I have pool coverage..they rarely cover anything. They say plumbing is included..is this considered plumbing because it is a leak?  Knowing my luck, I’m going to be paying for it. 

Thabk you

FA4EA169-C7C1-40B6-B631-08F598D4ABA1.jpeg