Wellis Drain Plug stuck

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue with my Wellis (Bueno Spa) when I purchased it in March.  It was impossible to open it just using with the cap they have on the end of the drain.  I connected a 4" long pressure reducer I had laying around from my lawn irrigation equipment, which gave me enough leverage to pop it open.  You can probably just connect a normal garden hose to give you the proper leverage to pop it loose.  Here's the actual pressure reducer I used to get it open the first time.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Mister-Landscaper-Polypropylene-Hose-Thread-Drip-Irrigation-Pressure-Regulator/1103273

@deadmeatdab I always tell my customers not to use the drain. Weakest part of any hot tub. Buy a Quick Drain. You can use it to drain the spa but also as a vacuum to pick up small debris in the foot well and on the seats without loosing a bunch of water. 

https://www.poolstorecanada.ca/products/quick-drain

• 6 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 9:05 AM, Theshroders said:

Recently purchased a Wellis tub and went to drain and replace the water today. The drain plug is one where you are supposed to push it in, pull it all the wat out and then attach a hose. Ours is completely stuck. Will not move at all. 

Anyone got any ideas at all?

Did you ever get it opened?  I have drained my tub twice now without being able to open it. I was afraid of breaking it. 

• 3 months later...

Don't know if you have the issue resolved, but what I did was to remove the black screwcap with the tab and replaced it with a "y" valve from the garden spigot to pull it out.  I'm guessing the black cap is a softer material that bends rather than a hard (plastic or metal) female device.  Just need a harder grip on the male extension to pull it out to start the flow.