on, off, on, off, on, off

Hi.

I have a 2018 Hot Springs (Hot Spot) Stride.

240V Singe pump with two speeds.

I turn on the jets and it runs for about 45 seconds and stops for 4 minutes, then repeats this pattern.

It does not trip the breaker. A few times I see the red light indicating the heater is on and I checked the voltage of 120 per leg. I have replaced the heater element since then, because a professional told me that was the problem. Not true.

I also bench tested the motor with water flowing through it, and it ran 20 minutes with no problem.

I just replaced the hi-limit sensor and the temperature sensor. I also tried jumping the pressure switch lines to bypass it. What else is there to check?  Kenny

4 hours ago, kenny spa fixxer said:

turn on the jets and it runs for about 45 seconds and stops for 4 minutes, then repeats

Sounds like thermal cutout. This can happen if both high and low are on simultaneously, as with a stuck relay. Disconnect pump and check voltage to the pump, white to black and white to red. Only one should have voltage at a time.

4 hours ago, kenny spa fixxer said:

heater is on and I checked the voltage of 120 per leg.

That is not testing the heater circuit in any way, as you will read that when it's off as well. Test terminal to terminal. Testing to "ground" is for cars.

On the circuit board are a stack of led lights. Post a pic of these when the spa is shut down.