1 jet on neck row not working right

Frog1

The spas that I have worked on that have jets that are sucking in is due to a blockage in behind the jet. Last one had tiny pine needles in behind some of the jets that were getting sucked in through the foot well pump returns and not getting cleaned out by the filters. You may have to take a bunch of jets out to find the blockage if there is one. Those neck jets might be where the blockage is but it may be in another set of jets that are fed water from the pumps ahead of the neck jets.

Do you get a lot of debris in the footwell?  

Last one I had to drain the spa down and remove all the jets that are on the same pump and use my shop vac to both suck and blow out the jets to try and gat as many of the pine needles out as possible. Unfortunately is was a short lived fix as it was very difficult to get them out of the plumbing lines and I suspect the manifolds were filled with the needles. I showed the customer how to and I think they had to do it several times to get the spa to run normal again. Next time I might use the shop vac from the pump end and try to suck out the manifolds from/through the pump unions.

Not saying this is your issue only what I have experienced in the past.

Let us know what you find and help the next person

Thank you sir!  It was out of commission for awhile and yes, lots of debris were on the floor even though I cleaned, I’m sure small debris made it through the drain on the floor.  I also just did an ahh-some purge and a ton of gunk came out.  

I’ll follow the shop-vac advice…. Can I also flush the lines somehow with a hose to push objects to a larger jet to come out?  Last, should I unscrew the jets even with that washer being in between the spa wall and jet? I worry I’ll suck it out! Lol 

24 minutes ago, Frog1 said:

I’ll follow the shop-vac advice…. Can I also flush the lines somehow with a hose to push objects to a larger jet to come out?  Last, should I unscrew the jets even with that washer being in between the spa wall and jet? I worry I’ll suck it out! Lol 

Garden hose shop vac blower whatever ya gotta do. As for unscrewing jets would need to see photos of jet but if you can try to suck it all out by disconnecting the pump unions that attach to the pump and suck there (uneasy saying that...lol) What a manifold looks like below: Depending on how many jets are related to that pump there may be 6 lines (as shown) or there may be say 24 and there will be 4 of those connected and 1- 3/4"  line feeding 1 jet. If at the end of the line there is a end cap or plug debris might pool there and start backing up plugging lines in extreme cases or even small amounts of debris that is large enough to go through the 3/4" line but not get past the smaller jet opening. Often there is a 90 degree turn in the flow of water when it gets to the jet body. 

Manifold Hot Tub Spa 2" spg x Dead End x (10) 3/4" Coupler Base Kit Video  How to : Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Jet body 90 degree turn. This is a choke point. Top 3/8" is air injection. 3/4" Bottom comes from manifold

Waterway Poly Storm Jet Body 3/4" b W x 3/8" b Air, 212-0400

• Thanks 1

Will do!  Thanks for all of the details. Your pics really helped me understand better! 

I ran the shop vac on it after lowering the water below.  I forwarded air and all the other jets dribbled out water and air freely. Then I reversed on all of the jets pulling out a bit of water and I think small particles. Nothing big came out though. I had to pull the front jet out to get inside better. Sealed the jet stem up with a little silicone and put it back in.  I’ll refill tomorrow and update! 

• Like 1

Now they are all working… thanks for your help!  I’m sure it’s still in or maybe I got lucky and it blew out.  Had some black garbage in the bottom of the spa after running it for an hour.  All clean and all keys working - no leaks. 

• Like 1