Jet stream issue - but only with one set all others are fine

JustinB

Recently noticed an issue with our Hot Spot 'Relay' Hot Tub. Everything appears to be working fine apart from one specific set of jets which barely seem to be working, the rest of the jets are fine, it's just the small directional precision jets (E) on the left hand side highlighted in the photo. The hydromassage jet below these works fine and the same jets opposite are working perfectly. I've tried switching off the tub, leaving and turning back on, running through the jet cycle a few times.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar and can advise on possible reasoning and solutions, thanks very much.

jet-issue.png

Hottub jets utilize the venturi principal to suck air in and mix with the jets to accelerate velocity/pressure on the outlet side of the jets.  Without air flow to the jets, you will hardly feel any trickle of water flowing out of the jets (water will follow the path of least resistance)

The Air control levers (marked A on the chart) control air flow to different series of jets.  I don't know which one of the air control levers controls the precision jets you're trying to activate, but my guess would be that the air level is partially or fully closed - allowing some air to get to the other jets in the series before those jets, but not enough.

That's where I'd start first, if you still can't get them to work, time to call the dealer for warranty service.

Each jet is individually adjustable by turning the face. Are they open?

Jets are plumbed off of manifolds, often strung out along a pump line, so the one at the end gets less pressure than the one before it. This is usually not alot of difference, but it can be.

Sometimes jet lines can be kinked during manufacture. It's rare, but can happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the late reply, tbh literally forgot after figuring it out, our kids are told not to touch the control levers and it was as simple as that, the back control levers had been closed (A).

Though some one has definitely got it in for me as I definitely now do have an issue, jet pump 2 apparently not working! Will start a new post for this, thank you for your replies.