MasterSpa Twilight Laing E14 circ pump failed

Desa

Hi,

So after replacing heater, circuit board to VS501Z and new topside control, the fam was happily enjoying the hottub again for one month.

Went out to clean filters today (cleaned weekly, max 10 days if life gets crazy.  One was dirty, but wasn’t shockingly so by any means) and noticed HH code.  Reset, cleaned filters, noticed water looking a little grubby, and then noticed no circ pump sound and now get code “dr”.  Which is the no flow/dry heater code google tells me which makes sense.

I turned off breaker and waited a few minutes.  Turned back on and tub goes thru sequence except still no circ pump and no pump 2.  I can hear relays click on board but nothing…

I just replaced this very pricey little circ pump, laing e14 March 2021.  

Any ideas how to test?  Last year it tripped the breaker so I knew it was done, but this time nothing, just the dr code.

I replaced the wet end on pump 2 when I took possession of this pump 4 years ago, how to test that motor?

Any ideas on a better circ pump if I do have to replace?

Thanks in advance!  I did a search in forums, and seems the laing e14 is a common problem.

Thanks all!

Well geez, I feel especially dumb!  Normally that’s on my list of checks not sure why I didn’t do that this time.  Just mad at it I guess lol  Thanks @RDspaguy!

Good news was fuse replaced and circ pump works!

Bad news is breaker tripped—disconnected pump2 and then power works.  

I can live without pump2 till I drain and refill in the fall. Darn!  This was the pump I replaced the wet end on not 4 years ago.  Wonder why it went?

Thanks again!!

• Like 1