The true way to clean a hot tub cartridge filter?

I've always had a suspicion that the Ah-Some hot tub filter cleaner I use doesn't really fully remove all the oils. To add, it seems like no matter what I do, I can't get rid of the residue left over even if I spray it like crazy, soak it in water, and spray it again.
I'm taking an online course from the Pool and Hot Tub Alliance and regarding cleaning cartridge filters it reads the following, "The element should be soaked in a commercial filter-cleaning product."
OK, I think I've done that.

"It is important to review label directions since often two filter cleaners are needed. One removes oils and greases and another may remove scale deposits. The order in which the cleaners are used may affect how the cleaners perform. Often grease cleaners must be used before acid cleaners. Failure to do so may result in the acid causing the oil materials to set into the cartridge media."
Ah ha! So, it seems like I'm missing a step. Should I be using an oil/grease cleaner like Ah-Some or Power Soak Filter Cleaner and then use something like Acid Magic (https://www.spadepot.com/Spa-Acid-Magic-Muriatic-Acid-Replacement-P855)?

The text goes on to read, "After a thorough rinsing, any minerals can be removed with a light acid wash."
What? Wait. Is it telling me that I should use an oil/grease cleaner, rinse thoroughly, and then use something like Acid Magic or is it telling me that I should use an oil/grease cleaner, use something like Acid Magic directly after, and then use what it refers to as a "light acid wash" which they don't define? It would seem to me that the proper way would be to use an oil/grease cleaner, rinse thoroughly, and then use something like Acid Magic, and then rinse thoroughly again.

Sorry if my questions sound really stupid.

• DesertDorkus changed the title to The true way to clean a hot tub cartridge filter?

Hose it off. Often this is all that is needed. You can  soak it in a solution of powder dishwasher detergent or TSP (1 cup to every 5 gal of water) overnight then hose every 3 to 5 cleanings to extend filter life.

Always have a spare cart on hand so you can take the dirty one out and drop the  clean one in.

Replace the filter when it shows wear or when the dirt becomes embedded.

Do not acid wash your filter unless there is a buildup of calcium scale still visible after cleaning. If it needs acid washing you must soak it in cleaner (Dishwasher detergent or TSP) overnight first or you will ruin the filter because the crude on it can be hardened by the acid and become impossible to remove.

Unicel (one of the largest manufacturer sof OEM and replacement filters) has excellent instructions on their website. They also discuss acid washing in the FAQ.

The above applies to chlorine and bromine. If you are using biguinde/peroxide then your filters will gunk up, need a special cleaner for biguinide systems, and will have to replace your filter frequently. It's the nature of the beast with biguinide/peroxide sanitizer systems such as SoftSoak and BaquaSpa.