Hot Spring Highlife App / Spa Control

I'm considering the purchase of an Envoy, and was surprised that my dealer told me there is no phone based app or way to control the spa remotely (other than the remote control when you are at/in the spa).  I found some references on the web about an app called "Connextion" but it seems that may be obsolete at this point.

With a price point in the high teens, not being able to adjust a temp or have other control & monitoring until I am in front of the hot tub may be a deal killer on an otherwise fantastic spa.

Am I missing any workarounds / third party apps or is this just not going to happen?

Thx

Connextion was phased out two years ago with the intention to release a new wireless system in 2020 - then the pandemic hit and R&D was halted.  (Note the old Connextion system still functions for existing owners - no clue when they plan on shutting down the service).

I have no doubt Hotspring will release a new wireless connection device in the near future - but the pandemic threw a wrench in things.   And since Hotspring/Watkins builds all highlife spas compatible with all accessories (so you can easily upgrade later if desired), I have no doubt that any new wireless system they release will be compatible with a 2022/2023 model Highlife spa.

For what it's worth, the only time I'm really interested in remotely monitoring my tub is when I refill and heating up (so I know when I can hop in and use it again!).  Note that the wireless remote has a very long RF range and can be charged using a wireless QI phone charging pad.   So whenever I refill, I'll bring the wireless remote in the house and toss it on my phone charger to remotely monitor the temperature during the day.

The Envoy is an awesome tub - best therapeutic spa in the whole Highlife collection, I have a small Highlife Jetsetter and planning to trade in/upgrade to an Envoy once I rebuild my back patio. 

Thanks ratchett,

You may be right and not having the wireless connection may not be a deal killer.  I really like the Envoy layout, and was also looking at the Prism as I like the idea of the slightly larger spa, but I'm concerned about the wood framing and no plastic pan in the Limelight series (I'm in S Florida) where the Highlife is all composite/plastic with a pan.

Yeah for sure pressure treated lumber doesn't hold up like it used to decades ago (when it still contained arsenic).   I'm in Central Florida with my Jetsetter and have zero regrets (although that far south, you might need to add the coolzone system to maintain temps in the summer time if you're in direct sun (my tub is already heating up one or two degrees a day when out in the sun (and I have the temperature turned down to 100 for the summer time lol).

Hotspring's biggest claim to fame is their motomassager jets.  I highly suggest you try wet-testing a spa with these jets if you haven't already.  Jet pressure and oscillation speeds can be controlled by closing other jets around the spa (to send more pressure to these jets).   Motomassager jets are only available on Hotspring Highlife spas (and two hotspot models - the SX and TX) - you won't find anything like them on any other brand of spas (Dimension1 tries to get a similar sweeping feeling by using a solenoid to fire off a row of jets in sequential order, but it's not the same thing).    Motomassager jets are the whole reason to buy a Hotspring - if these jets don't interest you, there are other brands worth considering.

Hot_Spring_Moto_Massage.gif.dd6b2d0c939bfb0838a067be5b393f76.gif