Wet plug. Replace?

Oops, plug left inside emptied tub for a few days... but didn't realize it was sitting in small layer of water at bottom . We tried drying out plug with hairdryer, tub still just turns on for a minute then right off, not even sure if this is why.  But definitely, the side with light shows condensation in the clear area.  Call in for service? Wait longer for it to dry? Or replace plug?  Thanks ,from Newbie Dummies.

plug.jpg

You can replace the plug end for around $50 CDN. and wire you existing cord to it. 15 amp. You need a dedicated outdoor wall plug that is a minimum 15 amp as well.  What is the amp rating on the one you currently have. Make sure the breaker in your main panel only has the hot tub connected and nothing else or it will overload and trip. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Replacement-Outdoor-Waterproof-Auto-Reset-Leakage/dp/B07DWNCQG2/ref=asc_df_B07DWNCQG2/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292928537928&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5593378712327059298&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1002347&hvtargid=pla-485849210819&psc=1

• Like 1

I'd let it sit in the sun a few days (or a couple of hours here in Arizona) to dry out. 

If mine, I'd remove those screws and look inside, and let moisture escape from there too.  The hair dryer thing might help too, but might take a while, don't let anything burn or melt.

If you can return stuff at no cost to Amazon like with Amazon Prime, might not hurt to order a replacement just in case.

I have an above-ground pool, and if we get a severe rain, my pump motor might need a couple days to sit and dry out before it works/stops actuating its GFCI.