no power to heating element

I have read through everything online, and done every step possible to try and figure out the problem
maybe you guys can help me, my spa stopped heating recently and I cleaned the filters and checked the heating element. it was covered in scale build up and had rust on it, also the breaker was tripping from time to time and in my experience that usually means it needs a new heater element. I noticed before replacing the heater element that there was no power going to the heating element. I thought it was safe guarding the spa till it got a heating element that could hold the power and not pop the breaker. replaced the element and there is still no power to the heating element and the tub will not heat up. it's not popping the breaker anymore. but there is no power going to the heating element. as far as i can tell all the fuses are fine. I can hear the relay working but no power to the element. there are no codes popping up. 

thanks 

IMG_5200.jpeg

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5199.jpg

Test for 240V at J101 and J100 do you get 240 when the heat indicator LED is solid and not flashing? You can also test for power coming off the board at the 2 pins where the quick heater disconnect plugs to the board. There are 3 pins coming off the board but the middle one doesn't do anything. If you have power off the board then the problem is in the heater element if you don't get power off the board and the heat LED is solid then you likely have a blow heater relay that would need repair/replaced. When you replaced the heater element did you check to make sure the element was not touching the side wall of the chrome tube? This would cause a hot spot and would damage the element in short order causing failure. Let us know results

I have the same hot tub.  Same problem.  Turned out to be a blown heater relay. They actually run 2 relays in series to the left side.  But after I pulled the board I found a cold solder post on the one closest to the heater.  But,  I checked the relay and it was also fried.  It's just not good practice to run 15 amps thru a circuit board.  That's what this heater draws.  So I found a relay from ebay that has the extra posts on top of the relay.  This allows you to run a parallel circuit to the heater and cut the current draw in half.  That relay is (Hongfa HF2160-1A-120E).  But they come on a slow boat from china.  Takes a few weeks.

• Like 1