master spas clarity balance controls/mode gets stuck unless i power cycle

Breene

hello all

anybody have an idea what would cause this behavior?

bought a new house and adopted an (i believe 2018) master spas clarity balance 7 spa. I'm just now working on getting it going, drained it refilled cleaned etc. 

part of the control panel screen was dead so you could only read some of the temp digits but it was workable.  now I'm noticing after a day or two the buttons stop responding, screen stays frozen, whatever mode the spa is in when it freezes it stays in (off, or filter running).  If i trip the breaker and turn it back on it comes back normal.

Is it possible the control panel could cause that or is it the board ?

7 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

You need to replace the topside anyway so I would start there. Post photos of the topside so we can see what you have and there might be a cheaper generic replacement available.

good point and thanks. ever seen a generic for one of these ?

IMG-7728.jpg

2 minutes ago, cranbiz said:

The Master Spa one I posted is correct for the MS Clarity Spa series with the matching overlay but yes it is always important to know the Year of Manufacture, what spa pack and what type of connection to the pack (phone jack, Molex). Always best to confirm with the seller by phone it is correct and that they actually have in stock.

21 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

The Master Spa one I posted is correct for the MS Clarity Spa series with the matching overlay but yes it is always important to know the Year of Manufacture, what spa pack and what type of connection to the pack (phone jack, Molex). Always best to confirm with the seller by phone it is correct and that they actually have in stock.

Thanks

I ordered the one you posted (non generic)

My cycle the breaker trick stopped working since my first post and the screen looks worse than ever So I am fingers crossed I've just witnessed the panel slowly die in stages and Its not more complicated.  The pump cycles on and off for the filter so the whole thing isn't dead. 

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the old bump but I hate when you google problems like this and the OP never comes back!

Everything is perfect after changing the topside master spa panel.  confirmed it CAN cause the intermittent odd behavior I was experiencing.

Thank you

• Like 2