Help - Hot tub not working

We bought our Miami Whirlpool Spa about 2 years ago and have had no issues with it.

Water is changed regularly and it is in regular use.

It's not hard wired into the house electrics and is powered by its plug which has a 3A fuse

The hot tub suddenly switched itself off a few days ago and I noticed the 3A fuse and the surrounding plug had melted.

I have changed the plug, but now the hot tub will not switch on and just blows the fuse again each time i try and switch it on.

The lights come on the control panel and then it suddenly clicks off - any suggestions....?

Ok post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover. I would try and disconnect the heater and lift the 2 copper tabs up so the don't touch anything and see if the breaker holds. Bad heater most common cause of trip. Also try disconnect the ozone first if there is one and try. Below for a Balboa pack. Your might be different post the photos so we can see

balboa-manualtroubleshootingandservice-reva-43-1024.thumb.jpg.3c65ad6259b9ec64cbfecedbfcc23d8b.jpg

Disconnect everything until you find something that is causing the short. Pumps lights ozone blower heater. What fuse is blowing? Not sure I understand.. first I assume you are in Europe correct? Next you say it is not hardwired so how are you getting 240 V to the spa?

Yes I am in the UK.  Its not hardwired to the house electrics; ie it doesn't take a direct line from the consumer unit with RCD 

The Spa comes with a three point plug and plugs into the mouse mains.  Its the fuse in the plug (5A) which blows each time

4 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Disconnect everything and if it still blows the fuse replace the plug. Post photos of the plug

Have never seen one and know little of the European power grid but still think there is a short somewhere and if you disconnect everything and it still blows I'm looking at the plug.

Getting somewhere I think

I disconnected the pump and now the electrics remain on and the fuse doesn't blow - so it must be the pump that's the issue.

Could it be blocked etc...?  Are they easy to take off and clean?

Can someone explain what this 'handle' is for - is it a valve for the pump?

Picture.jpg

Great - I think there is another one on the other side.

I'll take the pump out and give it a clean - i wonder if there is something blocking the impeller?

Do these normally have an in-line filter?

To check its working OK, can these be fixed to a 240v supply directly? 

7 hours ago, Felix372 said:

i wonder if there is something blocking the impeller?

Unlikely but you will see when you remove it. 

Do these normally have an in-line filter?

no

To check its working OK, can these be fixed to a 240v supply directly?

It's not working ok. Open the square box on top of the motor and see if there is a burnt wire or something that would cause the fuse to blow.

• 2 weeks later...