Small shock entering HT when is

We bought a new limelight Spring Spa and endless pool . Highly qualified electrician created hookup . First rain and shock was 6 v and no GFI trigger. Determined by electrician to be pumps . Pumps were replaced . Ground dried up - no shocks BUT:

Two months later, another heavy rain and we are getting shocked again . Bare feet , rain , stocking finger or toe in.   Not sure to hire a different electrician , to contact our HSSpa dealer or original electrician ? Anyone have experience with this issue ? 

thank you ! 

There's a number of similar posts on this topic and unfortunately like a lot of single posters, the OP did not come back with an update. 

6 volts seems quite high for a voltage potential between earth and tub ground. That would definitely give you a good lifter. In the other thread that you posted in, there was a lot of good information on the likely cause.    When there has been a good rain (or and electrician might drive in a temporary ground stake beside the tub for their testing) , have someone measure the voltage between tub water and the slab (assuming the tub is on a concrete slab?).  Then flip the tub breaker off and repeat the measurement. 

If the two measurements are similar, then the cause is likely external to the tub.   If you use the other thread as possible routes to explore, it could be a poor earth ground at the house or something wrong at the transformer.  I think an experienced electrician would be the best bet for troubleshooting the cause.

If the voltage goes to 0 or close to 0 when the breaker is off, then the tub or wiring is likely the root cause.  In this case I would contact the tub dealer.  

As @CanadianSpaTech warned in previous post, don't test for voltage by using your fingers in the water.  I'd defer this testing to an experienced electrician. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you , Couch67, for your reply.  So far we have had two qualified electricians try to understand what is happening.  We have spent , now over 3k.  Last resort, we decided to ground the sub panel (although the second electrician said that it was "kinda" grounded properly (he was unsure and didn't want to put in writing)).  We also grounded the tub itself.  Thus far , it has worked although we haven't had a long period of rain.  I test with copper wires attached to a meter.  It has been successful in detecting any electricity in the water without touching it by hand.  I would love to hear about the other experiences outcomes on this site as well.

• Like 1