Touch Screen Topside Control Annoyances

dashmer

I have a Gecko in.K1000 touch screen keypad on my Beachcomber hot tub that drives us crazy at times.  It looks like this one:

image.jpeg.0dd998b09ea807119465b2a5c828f690.jpeg

The issue is when using the jets and air and if there is a slight breeze, we get a buildup of mist from the tub on the screen.  Then when you want to use it, it shows a hand wiping motion wanting you to wipe the screen off before it will let you do anything.   With wet hands, it usually takes numerous attempts to access it.  On rare occasions it will not unlock at all and the breaker has to be reset to clear the issue.

Has anyone run into this with this topside controller or other brands of touch sensitive screens?  If so, did you find a work around? 

Thanks

If the rain-x worked that would be ideal.  My 0.02 would be to bring a hand towel out with you and lay it over the topside display when you are out there, and you can use it to wipe it off.  A big PIA in my opinion but hopefully would help.

Thanks for the suggestions gents.  I have tried RainX and it did seem to help at first, but either wore off quickly or didnt seem to help after a couple weeks.  We have been thinking about using a small sponge or towel so that might be next.

I was wondering too if this is an issue with this touch pad or if other brands are having similar issues. While the simplicity of it is great, sometimes the old school buttons just work better.