Jacuzzi J-315 troubleshooting questions?

mp_cs

Hello everyone!

I just picked up a 2012 J-315 from someone fir next to nothing and am in process of getting it up and running. The previous owner took pretty good care of it but replaced it about two weeks ago to upgrade after it stopped working on them. He had the desler he originally purchased it from come look at it and they told him it needed a new circuit board so he decided to upgrade it as they’ve been wanting to buy a new one as it was no longer big enough anymore. My questions are before I replace the circuit board what test’s can i do to make sure that’s the problem before i buy one, cant find them under $400 and wanna be sure. 

I’ve checked resistance on heater, hi-limit, and temp sensor. Checked all fuses and tested both pumps independently and everything is fine. When powered up the only thing that works is the lights, circulation pump never starts nor is there voltage at the terminals, heater never comes on nor is there voltage at the terminals, heat on indicator on topside is on however, main two speed pump never comes on nor is there voltage at its terminals either. However when jets button is pushed the heat on indicator goes off, then comes back on after pushing button twice more. This indicates to me the topside is fine. Everything i have tested indicates to me the circuit board is in fact bad just looking for anyones opinions or other tests to do. Thanks in advance 

Relays are not engaging, and the heater is attempting to power on when the flow/pressure switch is not satisfied.  You most likely have at the very least a bad board, and possibly a bad flow/pressure switch. 

You can test to make sure the transformer is working.  If it is working correctly, then you have a bad board.  If the transformer is not supplying the 12v to the board, then you would start by replacing the transformer.  

Edited by ciderjack
Added more information

Thanks for the reply.  Flow switch is good, and i do have 12v coming out of the secondary side of the transformer. Looks like the only other thing would be the board. Another question is where’s the best place to buy a replacement cover? I bought this for next to nothing to fix and re-sell so not looking for anything top of the line but want something decent for the new owner.