Pump quit working

Hello ... members here have been very helpful in the past and I'm seeking advice once again. 

The pump in front of the heater is not powering on.  Normally I press the Jets button once and Pump 1 comes on, I press it again and Pump 2 comes on … but when I press the Jets button the second time the pump turns off.

I tried shutting down the hot tub, letting it rest for a while, removing the filter and powering back on  … but only the pump behind the heater comes on.  There was a message on the Panel HTR DRY PRES BTTN TO RSET but none of the buttons have any effect. Is there any point in trying to have the Pump repaired?  If the pump were clogged up with some of the Oak droppings in the not tub could that cause an issue? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  

IMG_5329.jpg

You could have a clog in the plumbing.   There is a pressure sensor which is designed to monitor water and ensure your hot tub heater doesn't kick on without adequate water in the tube to prevent damage to the heater.   Either you have a legitimate flow issue due to a clog, or you have a failing pressure sensor (which can happen - they do fail eventually and it's not uncommon).

If you're handy with a multimeter I believe you can test the pressure sensor to see if it's working and reading correctly or if it's failed.  If it's failed, it's cheap/easy to replace.  If the pressure sensor is working correctly, that means you either have a dirty filter (which is preventing adequate water to flow through plumbing), or you have a clog somewhere in the line.

But I could also be wrong - I'm still a novice learning the technical workings of a hot tub.  I'm by no means a professional.

Only concern yourself with pump 1. If you are getting that error code that pump is likely not working. If you increase the temp pump 1 should start running on low speed. Does it start on low speed? does it run in low speed but not high speed? Common cause for a pump not to run... Blown fuse, motor is locked up, Blown relay on the circuit board. If you remove the black cover off the back of the motor you will see the shaft of the motor and it will have a slot that you can use a flathead screwdriver into it and see if it turns or if the motor is locked up. If it is locked up it can be rebuilt  in most cases. Post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover and we can direct you to the pump fuses. They are the large fuses on the board and that should say SC25 or SC 30 on them. If there is one for each pump turn off your main power and switch them around with each other and see if the pump 1 then runs and pump 2 doesn't.