Hotspring envoy serial decode and dx monomassage problem, is my tubing right?

Hello guys,

I have my first real jacuzzi/spa🎉, but i have a few questions.

First of all can someone decode my number so i know what build year it is? KKE2P2251 If this is the number that needed.
is a technical drawings with part numbers available?

Also i want to know how the dual dx monomassage work, the seller says that he cut of a little bit the hose because the stream was to hard for his back.
Can i see that somewhere?, because i cant find a clamp or something.
And i like to know how the jets go up and down, is it through air?,  because my dx monomassage won't go up and down and as i said the jet stream is very soft but that's the only place in the jacuzzi where it is soft.

I noticed something that is not original i think, i placed pictures with the text.

Sorry for my questions but i have a headache when i see the pink rope. And i hope that i dat bought a problem hotspring.

20220124_220245.jpg

20220124_220240.jpg

20220124_220320.jpg

20220124_220331.jpg

20220124_220435.jpg

20220124_220210.jpg

• martijndk1983 changed the title to Hotspring envoy serial decode and dx problem, is my tubing right?
  • martijndk1983 changed the title to Hotspring envoy serial decode and dx monomassage problem, is my tubing right?

Those are an articulated sleeve (like a toy snake) with a tube up the middle and move the same way a hose will when turned on high and laying on the ground. Low pressure means it doesn't move as much if at all. 

The hose has a tendency to stiffen up over time, which will also interfere with movement. If this hose is cut so it no longer reaches the nozzle on the end of the sleeve it will decrease pressure at the nozzle and interfere with the movement. You would need to replace the tube.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

Those are an articulated sleeve (like a toy snake) with a tube up the middle and move the same way a hose will when turned on high and laying on the ground. Low pressure means it doesn't move as much if at all. 

The hose has a tendency to stiffen up over time, which will also interfere with movement. If this hose is cut so it no longer reaches the nozzle on the end of the sleeve it will decrease pressure at the nozzle and interfere with the movement. You would need to replace the tube.

Thanks again, i was outside and i removed the monomassage panel and the hose was broken.
The seller said that the mechanic set the stream softer for his back but i think he was lying.

I ordered a new hose and fill the bad and i will look what it does with the new hose. maybe the stream is powerful enough and it was all a lie to mask the monomassage movement defect.

• Like 1

Oké, the air hose was delivered today. 

Unfortunately when I place it in place I see the other problem. Both of my moto massage arm have a faulty broken silicon in it.

The official hotspring dealer ask 460 euro's for the parts, I told him it was to expensive because there was an other official dealer 200kilometers away that seller it for 315.

He send a mail back, good luck and enjoy you're jacuzzi.

So after a road trip I get them and installed them, now it is working great.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, martijndk1983 said:

KKE2P2251

I believe that is a 2008 model.  2251st copy of the spa made that year.

is a technical drawings with part numbers available?

Pretty much not unless you are an authorized service technician.  Watkins/Hotspring prefers you work with an authorized technician so they don't share technical service docs, service notes, software/firmware, etc to consumers.

Also i want to know how the dual dx monomassage work, the seller says that he cut of a little bit the hose because the stream was to hard for his back.

Lol, never heard of that before.  Did he modify the motomassager jets?  They are considered a consumable and relatively easy to replace.  You can order replacement Motomassager jets online - youtube has some great how to videos

And i like to know how the jets go up and down, is it through air?,  because my dx monomassage won't go up and down and as i said the jet stream is very soft but that's the only place in the jacuzzi where it is soft.

All hottub jets utilize the venturi effect to accelerate jet pressure by mixing air into the jets.  Close off the small air valve on top near the motomassager unit and it will decrease jet pressure, open fully to increase jet pressure.   Note you can increase jet pressure and oscillation speed by closing other jets around the spa that you're not using

But as mentioned, they are considered a consumable product and lifespan of the jet can be affected by poor water chemistry (excessive chlorine, etc). Once they fail they stop moving up and down properly.

To answer this question....

20220124_220240.jpg

The "rope" is pink in color, correct?

This is actually a "chase line" to aid technicians for installing speakers in the spa so the dealer can install speakers after delivery without too much hassle - connect speaker wire to chase line in the speaker compartments and then pull rope from inside the equipment bay.

Hello @ratchett

Thanks for your clear explanation, you give answer on all of my questions in once.
The moto massage is working the jet arms where faulty so i bought new ones.
And all the rest is also good, it is a pink color and i see last night an other hotspring picture and that one had it also.

It is petty that there ar no drawings and scheme's for customers, i understand why hot spring doesn't want to have everyone one .
But if someone read this, i am looking for it even i will pay for it.

Thanks

• Like 1