No heat on Watkins no fault , tiger river

Johnrlangan

Shouldn't be bypassing the pressure switch in any case - it's a safety feature to prevent the heater from burning out if there is no water in the heater unit due to a flow issue.

Are you certain you wired up the hot tub correctly? Unlike most spas in the industry which use a single 50-amp breaker, the Tiger River and Hotspring hottubs use a dual-breaker wiring configuration - 20 amp and 30 amp.  This is a VERY common mistake (I see it at least once a month on the various hottub forums).  If you didn't wire up your gfci personally, double check the breaker box to see if it has a single 50-amp breaker.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 6:43 PM, Johnrlangan said:

I got a used hot tub and the previous owner had the pressure switch bypassed . When I take the clip out of the by pass it shows ready blinking and power. When I have the clip in the by pass in , it says power but no ready , idk if it’s bypassed correctly or not . 

When you remove bypass it shuts the heater off as it thinks theres no flow 

Hotspring do 2 no fault 1,5 kw heaters 1 with built in pressure and 1 with no pressure switch 

If your tub came with a heater with pressure switch you can use the non pressure switch heater but have to use the bypass which plugs in where the lead from the side of the heater (pressure switch cable) plugs in 

Pulling the bypass off makes the tub think theres no flow indicating theres a fault 

If either light flashes or both at the same time its telling you theres a fault and the spas shut down you only want to see soild lights red = mains power green means spas up to the temp you have set it to 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I need help , I spent all my money on this and it still won’t work . I got a brand new heater relay board , new heater new circulation pump new filter clean water cleaned the jets , long story short , the 30 Amp breaker trips , my 20 amp stays on , the q2020 panel diagram is different then the instructions on the owner Manuel . I don’t know what program jumpers I should use . For a 2007 tiger river Sumatran. 

A48DEC50-DE67-4351-A92D-BFA3B1CC932F.jpeg

838CCC59-FB2F-4F4A-A9DE-2DAC3F92080F.jpeg

BD858DB4-08DD-430A-A861-A87882C208ED.jpeg

AB5DA7C3-3964-4FD5-B3A1-24EE0ED91CE7.jpeg

4E984246-2FA6-428B-A004-11F61AB9CC51.jpeg

4373D134-C3F4-43A0-BC59-B850E22008BF.jpeg

E214BF42-56B5-4E2F-A66F-D12B4BF03370.jpeg

On 1/16/2022 at 7:42 AM, ratchett said:

Shouldn't be bypassing the pressure switch in any case - it's a safety feature to prevent the heater from burning out if there is no water in the heater unit due to a flow issue.

Are you certain you wired up the hot tub correctly? Unlike most spas in the industry which use a single 50-amp breaker, the Tiger River and Hotspring hottubs use a dual-breaker wiring configuration - 20 amp and 30 amp.  This is a VERY common mistake (I see it at least once a month on the various hottub forums).  If you didn't wire up your gfci personally, double check the breaker box to see if it has a single 50-amp breaker.

I did  , I replaced it with a heater with no. Pressure switch , now my 30 amp trips soon as I turn it on wires are tight relay boards brand new idk what to do 

I'm not aware of any Tiger River using a 6kW heater so you should have a 4kW heater which is powered by the 20A breaker.  Everything else is powered by the 30A.  The main things that could trip the breaker instantly would be the circulation pump and ozone (if equipped) or if it is wired incorrectly.  Disconnect one at a time and see if the breaker holds.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 7:16 AM, Johnrlangan said:

Jp1 - jp12 where do they go ?  I have the jumpers on heater relay correct I think 5-4 are jump for 240 , just don’t know about the little program jumpers 

In the equipment bay will be a label with a letter matching the "model" listed on the jumper pin chart. 

If it didn't trip before but now does after replacing the parts I'd guess it's a wiring issue. Verify the wiring is correct for that board. It may not match the old board, so check the diagram. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Johnrlangan said:

My instructions say 30 run the heater and 20 amp runs the pumps and everything else’s . would it be worth a try putting the load on the 20 breaker ?  Everything works correctly on the 20 amp . And the 30 amp breaker does stay not trip if the heater is Un plugged 

What model Tiger River?  Provide serial number if possible.

My apologies, forgot the Sumatran was 110/220 convertible.  Heater is on the 30A then since it is 6kW.  Attached is what I find for jumper settings for a 2007.  

Heaters don't typically trip a breaker on a Hot Spring.  Assuming it is wired correctly, I wouldn't have an explanation for the breaker tripping besides possibly a bad breaker.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.20.08 PM.png