2011 Sundance Cameo Error Codes - Won't start up

bacon bits

Thanks in advance if I get any help on getting our hot tub running again.

Sundance Cameo 2011

In ground

Controller 850 LCD 6600-018 Rev G

Replaced original motherboard 2019

About 3 months ago our spa quit running, live in lower Alabama so it was not cold. The Main Control Panel (MCP) was blank and would not "light up" after turning off and on the main breaker. Call technician in.  After some trouble shooting the OH error came on - I believe it just flashed upon reenergizing the spa. Technician diagnosed the problem as a failed temp control sensor. Three weeks later he installed the new sensor - I was not around - but this apparently did not solve the problem. I called them last week and talked with the technician and he has basically given up and I am left to my own devices. 

Did some of my own troubleshooting today after visiting this web site and watching a few you tube videos. All fuses are good and it looks like the sensor connections on J6 are OK. The new temp sensor is not installed in the filter well - will have to be snaked to spa at some point - is this OK as it is reading the air temp in the pump house and must it be wet? As some on this forum suggested, I pushed on the DALLAS chip and pushed the two capacitors (maybe lifted?) I can't tell if the capacitors are expanded or not. After doing this I reenergized the spa  and got the following on the MCP: 110F > ILOC > 110F > Sn3  cycling.   

Can anyone help me with this?

20220111_164856.jpg

15 hours ago, bacon bits said:

After some trouble shooting

What troubleshooting? Replace the fuse?

I called them last week and talked with the technician and he has basically given up and I am left to my own devices. 

Ummm... I'm guessing you didn't have to pay for his mistake?

The new temp sensor is not installed in the filter well - will have to be snaked to spa at some point

This could be the problem.

I recommend both sensors be replaced at the same time.

Install sensor and test again. 

Sensors can be tested with an ohm meter in the 20k ohm range. 

RD,

Thanks for the reply

Yes check all fuses, connection et al. Initially was getting the "----" watchdog error. Pushed capacitors and DALLAS chip in and got the ILOC and Sn3 errors.  

Did not pay them anything as they never completed the job.

I am going to test the new sensors this afternoon. ILOC means that the J6 jumper is not installed correctly, will check that also.  The tech apparently did not reuse the TINE PIN and stuck the  bare wire in the harness.  Sn3 means the main temp sensor is non functional, whatever that means.

RD,

OK, I checked the sensors. One thing I found was that the J6 jumper is installed correctly. The Hi-limit and main temp sensor were installed incorrectly - positions were reversed..

I tested  both sensor leads with my multimeter placing them in cold and hot water. The ohms ranged from ~25,000 to ~60,000. So it looks like they are good and both are new. I tested the old ones and they appear to be good also.  After connecting the leads -correctly- to the J6 block and re-energizing the panel I now get the the watchdog error. 

So it looks like the proper connections removed the Sn3 and ILOC error codes.

Any other suggestions other than buying a new motherboard? 

Thanks

RD,

Interlock jumper is correct

I used an old analog Simpson meter (see photo). I does not have a digital readout 

I placed both sensors in a glass of "hot" water -one at a time-  and the reading was about 25,000 ohms (2.5 on the x10k scale)

I then placed them in "cold" water and the reading was about 60,000 ohms  (6 on the  x10k scale)

My understanding of RTD's is that the resistance increases with lower temp so in that regard the RTD works.

Should I just check it against ambient temp?  I can do this tomorrow.

Thanks

260-8rt_p.jpg

The watchdog error is a catchall. It's the computer saying "WTF?". This usually results from a sensor issue or voltage issue. 

You will probably need a digital ohm meter to get an accurate enouvh reading from the sensors. A few hundred ohms difference is often enough to cause errors. 

Test incoming voltage, it should be steady. Test transformer.

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53992-sundancejacuzzi-transformer-test/&do=findComment&comment=210960

If sensors, flow switch, and transformer are good, and properly connected, you need a circuit board.