Chlorine dose reduction with smaller spa?

homespaguy

When I moved into my house in 2005 it had a dis-used 6 person Jem spa.  I had no experience with spas at that time.  I got it going and the lady at the store recommended spa chlorine and shock.  So for 16 years I used 1.5 TBS shock and 1.5 TBS chlorine each week on Sunday.  Each time I got out I used 1/2 TBS Chlorine except on Monday I used none.  Water changes every 6-8 weeks.  This worked well for a very long time.  This Fall I took a sample to the pool store and she recommended that I back off a little on the weekly shock chlorine to 1 TBS instead of 1.5 TBS (leaving shock at 1.5 TBS).  So I did that.  Then the controller died and I got a new-to-me smaller spa.  It is a 3 person.  After startup and getting the chlorine level up, I am wondering about thoughts on daily and weekly dosing.  I will of course monitor chemistry, but what would likely do?  Maybe 1/3 TBS Chlorine each time and for weekly shock maybe 1 TBS shock and 3/4 TBS Chlorine?  It is only me 99% of time.  I use the spa usually 6 days a week from October to May.  I have not had an ozonator but the new spa has one that is disconnected-probably dead-perhaps I will replace it?  So the question is this: 2/3 the water volume is 2/3 the chemicals or not?