Hot Tub Temperature Will Not Reach Set Point

ViewMaster

I have a Jacuzzi J350 series. After a water change the tub heated from 55 degrees to 82 degrees just fine.  For the last two days it has not heated to the 101 set point, but has maintained temperature at 82 degrees indicating that the heater is working.  The heater icon is showing on the topside control panel indicating it is calling for heat.  The small circulation pump is running pushing water through the heater.  The heater has 240 volts to the wire leads.  I am confused as what to do next.

Thank you for that response.  The heater was not coming on.  I confirmed 240 volts across the heater leg wires at the board screws, but no heat.  I disconnected the heater leg wires from the screws and confirmed resistance of 11.1 ohms.

I removed he heater assembly and bench tested it with the same voltage (120 volts to each leg wire) and it worked, it became very hot for half a minute or so before I disconnected the wire clips from the feeder wires.  I reinstalled it does not  heat when the circulation pump moves water thought the core.  However it does heat as it did on the bench when I disconnect the water feed line that runs through the stainless steel heater core.  I guess this heater should be replaced, but it is odd that it heats when dry, but does not when it is wet.  Now what?

If it has voltage and an ohm reading then it's heating. You can test this with an amp probe, but will not feel the heater get hot because the water is carrying the heat away to the tub. That heater should raise your spa temp about 6-8 degrees per hour. 

Running that heater dry, even for a few seconds, can burn ot out. Retest for ohms.