Hot tub heating issue

Bsimms89

I have an Artesian Spa Grand Bahama that I am having a heating issue with and am not sure where the problem could be coming from. The spa is at least 8 years old as I’ve lived in the house 7 and the previous owner put it in a couple years before.

it’ll run fine for a couple days, but then every few days when I go out to it the circulating pump won’t be running and the display will just show - - - for the current temperature. The weird thing is there is no error code shown (in the past I had an overheating g issue that would then have the heater shut off that the just kinda went away after a week). If I touch any of the buttons on the controls (a jet button, the lights, or any menu button) instantly the temperature then reads the current temp and the pump and heater turn back on. 

Does anyone know what the cause t could be that is causing g the pump to turn off and the temp to read dashes, but then come right back on if I touch any button? I’m really kinda stuck here, don’t know what parts I should be looking into whether the temp sensors or what. I already replace the circulating pump once about 6 years ago when it seized. 

That's normal for an Artesian Island series. Tub is going into economy mode. When you wake up the tub (by touching the display), the display will display 3 dashes for about a minute then it will display the current temperature set point. If the temp is low, the circ pump will come on and heat the water. You should see the display with the flashing thermometer icon when the tub is calling for heat.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. In my 7 years owning the tub I’ve never had it do this before. How do I stop it from doing that and just have it hold temperature? I can’t find anything in the menus.

The first time I found it doing this (when I got home from a trip) the tub was down to 42 degrees when the set point is 104. Today it was at 80, I hadn’t looked at it in 2 days since I’ve been sick. Like I said I hit 1 butting and the set point comes back and the circulator and heat kick on, but I guess in a day or so it goes back into this economy mode that it’s never done before.

Make sure the tub isn't in hold mode. Also go into heat mode and make sure it's temp range high and the mode is ready.

Go to artesianspas.com and under support you can download the owners manual for the Island series spas. This should assist you in the settings. The manual is from 2018/2019. It's probably close enough to yours to help.

I checked all that. The tub is set to ready mode, the temp is set to high range, and filter cycle 1 is set to be from 8:00am to 8:00pm and filter cycle 2 is set to be 8:00pm to 8:00 am which should keep the circulation pump running. That’s how it’s been set as long as I’ve owned it. Reading the manual and the menus I don’t see any reason it should be shutting off the pump and stopping heating (and just showing dashed next to the temp)