Frog @ease system?

eric61

Hello- I have successfully and happily been using the dichlor/bleach method for about a year, and it has been easy and perfect. However, we now find ourselves away during the week most weeks due to my wife's job, back on weekends. I have been shocking the tub with chlorine (I usually get 10% pool chlorine from Walmart) to around 12-16ppm and hoping for the best. Most times I come back and the FC is not 0 so I bring it up to 8 or so then use it all weekend. But sometimes it is 0 with slightly cloudy water and it takes awhile to shock clear. Note the CCs are always less than .5 (often .2). I use a Taylor kit fwiw. CYA is 30 and Ph is pretty stable (sometimes it has creator to 7.8-8 but an oz of acid brings it back, TA stays at 79 or so).

My question is: would I be better switching to the @ease system? My wife is sensitive to MPS so I would need to use chlorine shock. However, I hate to switch away from a system that I understand. Thoughts?

Hey – sounds like you take good care of your hot tub. Using FROG @ease will allow you to leave for a week at a time, return, and find your hot tub water just right. It’s an easy system to use too. If you’d like to learn more, email or call Dan at dan.mosier@kingtechnology.com or 800-222-0169, he can answer your detailed questions. Check out frogproducts.com or this video on FROG @ease for helpful tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7_2rMH3xME We’ve got other videos too on how to fix cloudy water, how to fix foamy water, all on You Tube. We hope to hear from you!

I like mineral purifiers, but use them with traditional chlorine. The @ease system uses smartchlor, if I'm not mistaken, which from what I hear gives some strange test results and some people struggle with it. I have never used it myself, but have had great results with the "mineral sticks" that go in your filter when used with a dichlor/bleach method (mostly dichlor, as I drained frequently) and 24/7 ozone injection. It is the system I recommend to customers and have used myself for over a decade.