circ pump stops when others start

bheavner

Hello - I have a thermospa concord - unknown age.  It was free to me, I just had to move it.  Free hot tub = trouble.

Thermaspa Concord R412446-08
Balboa TS2000 / part 55000-02

It's not yet worked for me.  I've replaced the non-functional heater, the rusted-solid circulation pump, and the leaky 2-speed pump.  The 3rd one-speed pump remains unchanged and so far functional.

Powered it up, the circ pump runs, and the heater heats.  Water gets to full temp without issue.  I can see water being drawn into both filter baskets.

The instant I turn on either of the other pumps, the circ pump stops.  If it is heating, I hear it quickly start bubbling in the heater tube and it shuts off with the temp error code.

If it is not heating, it runs for about 30 seconds until it tests the temperature, and then turns off with a dry code.

But I don't think those error codes are applicable - I believe the root cause is related to the fact that the circ pump shuts off whenever something else comes on.  It seems like an electrical switch problem somewhere - but I don't know where to look.  It seriously seems like it just drops voltage to the circ pump whenever anything else turns on.  Appreciate any ideas.

So I've been given some conflicting info from different local guys.

Guy 1 says when the jet pumps turn on that maybe it's pulling water away from the circ pump and causing it to shut down.  This doesn't seem right to me.

Guy 2 says that when the jet pumps turn on, the circ pump is supposed to stop.  Maybe.  But the jet pumps aren't pulling water through the filter.  Is that right?  If this is true, then when I turn the jet pumps off shouldn't the circ pump start back up? It doesn't.

I've learned that I can lower the temperature so it doesn't heat, turn on the jet pumps and it stays on (until the temp gets cold enough to try and heat again)  And when i turn the jet pumps off it doesn't turn the circ back on - but I can reset the breaker to get it back on.  Attached are some pic - I'm not sure what you're looking for.

PXL_20211208_193411608.jpg

PXL_20211208_193417832.jpg