Jacuzzi 315 flow switch

QUIG

Hello , I have a question regarding the flow switch . My tub runs fine for about 6 hrs heating up normally then kicks out with the oh (overheating)  but the tub has only partially heated . I can reset and again only get 5-6 hrs before it kicks out again . Could the flow switch be intermittently working every time I reset ? I have one ordered but it seems to be held up . I cannot access one locally . I don't want to burn out the heater or cause other damage and I can't leave it off for too long now as winter is here.  I tried disconeccting the flow switch and jumping the wires .... got the same results . I was thinking of removing the flow switch until mine arrives and I can replace it ... any other ideas ?

Sounds like temp sensor going south. The flow switch protects the heater from turning on without flow through the heater tube. It is a safety device. If it is jumped and there is no flow it will boil the water in a fraction of a second and if left unattended it could cause serious damage even fire. You only jump a flow switch for testing and no longer. A failed flow switch or failed circulation pump not closing the flow switch would/should throw a FLO error

I have seen temp sensors run fine for hours or even days and then the temp sensor will "run away" and hit the high limit "OH" and shut the heater off even though there has been no change in water temp. 

Canadianspatech : is there a way to test the temp sensor ?  I was thinking the water in the heater tube was not moving due to the flow switch even with the pump running ?  This is a 2006 Jacuzzi that I have had since new ... replaced the circ pump last year , new filters a few months ago when I started getting FL1 error ...which seemed to fix the problem until now so it wasn't the cause . Thank you for your help